How to Use Receipt Printers for In-Store Communications
At Star Micronics, we’re always pushing the limit of our POS-tech designs. We’ve been a leading global manufacturer of mobile, point of sale (POS), and customer engagement technologies and this year we wanted to offer an add-on that has usefulness for a wide range of small businesses and local retailers.
PromoPRNT is the easiest way to reach your customers offline and in-store. It can be used for any kind of messages a retailer or small business needs to share with their customers.
An In-Store Customer Engagement Suite
- Hiring notices
- Event reminders
- Discount promotions
- Driving traffic online
- Customer feedback surveys
- Seasonal campaign sale (e.g. Back to School deals)
- A funny message for brand awareness
- Mention of a charity or community initiative
- A point of purchase message designed for customer retention
- Thank you and seasons greetings messages
With Promotion Builder and Promotion Scheduler, small businesses can easily customize and schedule their messages on receipts of Star printers.
A receipt printer is, therefore, more than just a printer, but one part of the Star Micronics Cloud suite of retailer tools. PromoPRNT also comes with inbuilt templates to get you started on the right foot.
Reaching customers offline has many distinct advantages over digital communications, such as:
- Higher read rates than email (“open rate” is also considerably higher)
- Much less costly, resulting in higher overall ROI
- Easy to create original memories for local repeat customers
- Simple implementation of an offline to online strategy
- More intimate communications that go “straight to customer’s wallet”
PromoPRNT is creating an IoT Approach to Retail
Since PromoPRNT is managed on the Cloud and has an O2O (offline to online) aspect, this represents an evolution of Star’s ability to contribute an IoT aspect to all of the different kinds of businesses who use our products including retail stores, restaurants, gift shops, hospitality locations, seasonal kiosks, and retail chains.
- Promotion Builder is a simple way to create and design receipt promotions.
- Promotion Scheduler is a detailed way retailers can schedule their on-receipt POS ad campaigns.
- Promotion Builder has an inbuilt library of templates to help SMBs get started.
- Reaching your customers was never this easy! Since access to PromoPRNT tools is free in 2018, retailers are trying it out to deliver incentives directly to their shoppers’ hands.